How may I obtain a passport?

Will my children be safe on a cruise?

Kids get to experience a certain amount of independence. Newer ships offer bracelets with GPS chips so parents can locate their children at any time.

What about the kids club?

Generally kids club activities are divided between children ages 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, and 15-17. Scheduled activities and entertainment typically include sand castle building, water activities, movies under the stars, local arts and crafts, games, cooking classes.

Can I make payments toward my trip?

Typically your vacation requires an initial deposit at time of booking, and final payment between 45-60 days prior to departure. If your family plans nine months out, that typically gives them at least six months to pay. This can also be set up just like a store layaway program so that payments may be made in monthly installments. Make a Payment

Should I book it myself or with a Travel Advisor?

Professional Travel Agents don't try to steer you in any direction but the right direction. We work by referral; If you love your destination and resort, you will recommend us to friends and family. We not only offer non-biased advice; The value we bring is based on our expertise, our contacts, and the time we invest into your comfort and happiness. We act as your representative, ready to serve your best interest. If you happen to encounter an unforeseen problem, you simply make one call to get the situation sorted while you enjoy your vacation. Travel agents have access to everything you see online, and even more negotiated bulk rates and inclusions.

How can I satisfy everyone in my family?

Let each family member choose a destination, throw it into a hat, and let a non-family member pick from the hat. Let each family member pick an activity for a day, and help plan that days activities.

When is the best time to travel?

When kids are out of school - holidays, spring break and summer vacation, rates go up. Availability also becomes an issue during these times, so book early for the best rates and best options. 

Do I need to bring my portable crib?

Most hotels and resorts will provide a crib or a cot at no additional cost. Another alternative is to turn the couch around to face the wall, providing  your toddler with a more secure sleeping area.

What can I do about preventing a sunburn? (breakthrough!)

Apply sunscreen every two hours or after swimming. You may also consider UVO; UVO is a breakthrough in sun protection; you just drink it. UVO is not readily available over the counter yet, so look online.

May I bring an infant carrier?

Parents must carry infants through security checkpoint. Infant carriers must be put through an x-ray screening. Your carrier must fit in an overhead bin or under the seat.

Can babies fly for free?

The short answer is ... YES. Children and infants under 24 months typically don't have to pay a fare, but often are responsible for taxes. A child traveling "free" is usually considered a lap child and is not given a seat. In addition, there may not be an oxygen mask for the additional person in the row. Note: It is required for all passengers, regardless of age or fare, to travel internationally with a valid  passport (usually six months remaining validity required.) It is highly recommended to bring a birth certificate or passport to prove age at check-in, for domestic travel.

Can I travel if I am pregant?

Most airlines don't allow expecting Mothers beyond 36 weeks. All expecting Mothers should plan to get a note from their doctor within 48 hours of travel. Without a permission letter, you may be denied boarding. Generally pregnant mothers are not allowed to sail past 24 weeks of pregnancy. Be certain your hotel has a bellman, so you're not lugging your baggage around.

What type of ID Requirements are necessary to travel?

U.S. Citizens of any age, traveling outside of the U.S., are required to carry a valid passport (usually with 6 month validity remaining.) Learn more about required identification (there are ifs, ands or buts.)

Children under 18 years of age are not required to have ID to travel within the United States. All children, regardless of age, must hold a valid passport to travel internationally. Infants: One child over 14 days and under two (2) years of age, not occupying a seat, may be carried free of charge when traveling with an adult (12 years of age or older). Although a boarding pass is not required for the infant, you will need a Boarding Verification Document.

If a child (under the age of 18) is traveling with only one parent or with someone who is not a parent or legal guardian, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) strongly recommends that the accompanying adult have a note from the non-traveling parent (or, in the case of a child traveling with neither parent, a note signed by both parents) stating “I acknowledge that my wife/husband/etc. is traveling out of the country with my son/daughter/group. He/She/They has/have my/our permission to do so.”

CBP suggests that this note be notarized.  If there is no second parent with legal custody of the child (e..g., the second parent is deceased, one parent has sole custody, etc.), relevant paperwork such as a court decision, birth certificate naming only one parent, death certificate, etc., would be useful as well.

Please reload

© 2020 Island Bridal, Inc.

dba Island Travel Group

Island Travel Group

Urbana, IL 61802

Tel: 217-202-3406

Connect online:

  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook Clean